Like most people’s nights after the standard, “Hey babe! How was your day?” “It was good…” yada yada is “What do you want for dinner?” Tonight, I beat Brian to that question. So he went online for inspiration and this is what we came up with.
It may be the best thing ever to share in this experience with Brian. It’s the cutest thing, really: I am in the kitchen (he’s usually right there with me helping! or writing stuff down) cutting, measuring, and he is entering the recipe into the calculator. We go back and forth, and adjust. Taste. Laugh. And well…I just absolutely love these moments. I love my hubby!
Minutes to Prepare: 20
Minutes to Cook: 30
Number of Servings: 2
Nature’s Promise Organice Extra Firm Tofu, dried and cut into 4 equal pieces
6 cloves Roasted Garlic
1 tsp Gulden’s Spicy Brown Mustard
1 tsp Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Italian Herbs
1 tsp Olive Oil
110 g Dry Couscous Grande (this is enough to yield 1.5 cups cooked)
1 cup Broccoli, fresh, chopped & blanched
1/4 cup Yellow Bell Pepper, chopped
1 cup Mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup Onion, chopped
1/3 cup Carrots, chopped
1 1/4 cups Water
1/2 tsp Better Than Boullion Vegetable Broth
1 tsp Parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp Celery seed
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice and dry tofu
- In a bowl: smash roasted garlic with salt, pepper, mustard; whisk in balsamic vinegars and herbs. Pour over tofu in a shallow plastic dish to marinate 10 minutes).
- Spray a pan with Pam, and place tofu on pan (reserving & saving extra marinade). Place in over and cook for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, get started with the Couscous Pilaf
- Heat oil and saute onions, pepper and carrots for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute an additional 3 minutes. Stir in celery seed, couscous and stir to coat. Add in broth and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cover, cook about 15 minutes.
- Back to the tofu: after 20 minutes, remove from oven and turn on broiler. Flip tofu, prick lightly with a fork and spoon over some extra marinade. Place under broiled for about 4 – 5 minutes until nicely glazed.
- To finish the couscous, stir in broccoli & chopped broccoli. If desired, season with salt & pepper.
Servings Per Recipe: 2
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 13.0 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 890 mg
Total Carbs: 67.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 8 g
Protein: 32 g